We’re Looking for a Few Good Sorters
Want to help the Co-op recycle materials that are usually non-recyclable?Wondering where our warehouse REALLY is? Sign up to help clean, sort and ship materials to TerraCycle the last Thursday of the month. The next shifts are 10 a.m.-noon Nov. 29 and Dec. 27.
Confused about what items are collected by Weavers Way’s TerraCycle program? Time for a refresher — and an update!
- Brita filters and pitchers. (ONLY Brita!)
- All brands of dental products: Used manual (not electric) toothbrushes, empty toothpaste tubes, empty floss containers, Colgate Wisps.
- Personal care Products: Empty plastic shampoo, conditioner and gel bottles and tubes; empty plastic makeup containers (mascara, foundation, lipstick, cream tubes or plastic containers, empty lip-balm tubes). NO glass or metal, no razors.
- Wellness brand pet food bags.
- Energy bar wrappers: Luna, Clif, Builders, Shot, Mojo, Crunch and KTS Organic (NO Kashi). Larabar wrappers are no longer accepted.
- Vitamin and nutritional supplement bottles (glass or plastic).
- Chip, pretzel and popcorn bags (foil-lined bags only.)
NOW ACCEPTED: Healthy snack plastic pouches and caps: GoGo squeeZ, Gutzy, etc.
NOT ACCEPTED: Lightbulbs, medicine containers (eye wash bottles, pill bottles, tubes of medicinal creams), milk cartons (almond, coconut, etc.), coffee bags.
(Many thanks to Leni Dow for putting this list together, and for spending many hours sorting these materials! If you’d like to help with sorting and get Working Member hours for doing so, please see the box.)